Tuesday, April 17

My favourite winter soup...

So I've been a bit naughty lately. I haven't been as organised as usual (I blame holidays) and have been buying lunches from cafes and sushi bars. While its all been fairly decent stuff, it certainly isn't the kind of goodness I know I should be eating. So tonight I made a big delicious pot full of soul warming, taste-bud tingling, nutrient filled winter vegetable soup. By far my most favourite and tastiest soup recipe. In case I haven't said so already.
So what are we waiting for - get in the kitchen and start cooking!

Heat a dash of Olive Oil in a large pot.
Add 1 Leek
2 Sticks Celery
1 Grated Carrot
1 Onion
Saute until soft.

Pour in 3 Cups Chicken or Vege Stock
a sprinkle of Turmeric
1 handful Chopped Parsley
Dash of Soy Sauce
Rind of 1 lemon and a small squeeze of lemon juice

Finally throw in a can of Chickpeas and simmer for half an hour.
Add another cup of stock if necessary (I prefer mine a little thinner).

I generally freeze 1 cup portions and take them out each morning for work, uni or an easy dinner!
Hope you all love it as much as I do!xx