Wednesday, April 11

Bangin' Broccoli Soup

I've made this soup twice already this week, i's so full of flavour and broccoli is super cheap at the moment! This is easily a $5 or less meal that feeds 2-4 people. So if your'e a poor student like myself then read on!
The first time I made it I used Kumara (sweet potato) and the second time I used mushrooms. I prefered the mushrooms but feel free t be imaginative and use your own variations! Try cauliflower, leek, chickpeas, potato...

In a large pot fry 1 Onion and 2 cloves Garlic till soft. Add 5 large chopped Portabello Mushrooms and cook until soft. Slowly cover with 500mLs Vegetable Stock. Throw in one large chopped Broccoli and 1 tablespoon Basil. Simmer until broccoli is soft. Transfer to blender and pulse until creamy and smooth. Serve with Grainy Gluten Free Toast and a sprinkling of Celery Salt.

If using Kumara or other vegetables that prefer boiling then add at the same time as stock.



Incredibly easy! If you're cooking for one then freeze smaller portions and save for lunches. xx