Friday, June 1

Mediterranean Rice Muffins!

Enoying a relaxing Friday night at home by myself.. absolute bliss after a hectic week! Excited (and a little apprehensive) about my first non-drinking weekend! So as always I return to my happy place - cooking! I was in the mood for baking but most cakes, muffins and breads are a definite no-go! So we created these amazing Mediterranean Rice Muffins! I had some leftover Brown Rice so decided to give it a go! You can add absolutely anything to these muffins! This recipe is for a savoury muffin but feel free to experiment with alternatives like banana or blueberry, I'm sure they would be absolutely delish!

All you need is:
2-3 cups Cooked Brown Rice
3 Eggs
Any leftover ingredients that you can find!
I added...
1/4 Butternut Pumpkin
1 Large Portobello Mushroom
1/2 Jar Roasted Capsicums
1/2 Red Onion
10 Olives
1 Tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
Parsley, Chilli, Salt & Pepper.

Mix it all up and spoon mixture into muffin trays. I like to use baking paper by cutting small squares with a diagonal slit so that they mould into the pan and don't get stuck when you pull them out!



Now these babies are ready to roast! Put them in the oven on Bake at 180oC for about 30 minutes. You wont the tops to be nice and crispy - it's the best part!


Remove from the oven and let cool. These are just as tasty hot or cold so save them for lunch boxes or instant snacks!

Sundried Tomatoes, Pinenuts, Pesto, Courgette or Spinach would also work well in these muffins.
Have fun with it and enjoy!xx